What's Pure Happiness???

It's Pure Happiness is a blog of things I like, love or find inspiring.
It might be pictures, quotes, songs, books, products or foods.
Basically, it's things that make up a life of Pure Happiness.


August 24, 2010

The Pipers Son


One of my favourite authors, Melina Marchetta's latest novel - The Pipers Son is a brilliant read.
Whilst it is not an actual sequel to Saving Francessca, it follows the same characters years later, but this time the story is focused on Tom.
The story is based around Tom's reconnecting with his old friends and family, after a period where he wiped himself out. The ups and downs of complicated friendships and family issues is explored in great detail and I love that this is Australian, so the references are familiar.
A truly brilliant story, emotional and believable. It was so easy to get wrapped up in this story I had to force myself to read only a chapter or two each day, so that I didnt devour the entire book in a matter of hours.
The Pipers Son is one of Melina Marchetta's best novels and is definitely going to be added to my list of fave books.

No comments:

Post a Comment