'52 Lists' is a blog activity started by Moorea-seal, based on a book called 'List Yourself'.
Self reflection always appeals to me, so I thought I would give it a go. I'm months behind, but I thought I might just go through them at my own pace now.
List The Things You Should Be Proud Of
- Helping my husband and I get back on our feet after a year of both being jobless and having to move back in with our parents
- Taking a gamble on a temporary 3 month job, and moving states so my husband could go back to uni
- All those years of uni to get to do what I really wanted to do for a living
- Moving away from my small country town to the city to go to university.
- Getting through some really low periods emotionally
- The effort I am making at the moment to get healthier
- My emotions - so I cry at movies and am touched by sad stories - it just shows how empathetic I am.
- That I am a kind, caring, compassionate person
- Being a supportive and non-judgemental sister, friend and partner
- That my colleagues come to me for support regardless of whether I am their official supervisor or not and feel that they can be open with me
- Helping people to change their lives for the better, saving lives, helping people overcome awful traumas and difficulties - all as part of my job.
- Being a supervisor and passing on my knowledge to others in the profession
It will be really interesting to look back on these in a week, a month, a year or more and see how it has changed. Part of the reason I love doing these things is because they are so reflective of your current 'at this very moment' self, and therefore, even if I did this again tomorrow, I am sure some of the things would be different.