What's Pure Happiness???

It's Pure Happiness is a blog of things I like, love or find inspiring.
It might be pictures, quotes, songs, books, products or foods.
Basically, it's things that make up a life of Pure Happiness.


April 30, 2013

52 Lists: Things You Should Be Proud Of


'52 Lists' is a blog activity started by Moorea-seal, based on a book called 'List Yourself'.


Self reflection always appeals to me, so I thought I would give it a go. I'm months behind, but I thought I might just go through them at my own pace now.

List The Things You Should Be Proud Of
  • Helping my husband and I get back on our feet after a year of both being jobless and having to move back in with our parents
  • Taking a gamble on a temporary 3 month job, and moving states so my husband could go back to uni
  • All those years of uni to get to do what I really wanted to do for a living
  • Moving away from my small country town to the city to go to university.
  • Getting through some really low periods emotionally
  • The effort I am making at the moment to get healthier
  • My emotions - so I cry at movies and am touched by sad stories - it just shows how empathetic I am.
  • That I am a kind, caring, compassionate person
  • Being a supportive and non-judgemental sister, friend and partner
  • That my colleagues come to me for support regardless of whether I am their official supervisor or not and feel that they can be open with me
  • Helping people to change their lives for the better, saving lives, helping people overcome awful traumas and difficulties - all as part of my job.
  • Being a supervisor and passing on my knowledge to others in the profession
I found this list a bit harder because there are things I am proud of, there are things that maybe I should be proud of and then there are just day to day things that I can do, which is great, but I dont need to really acknowledge and be proud of. And then there is also personality things .... should I be proud of my personality/who I am ... or is it just who I am?

It will be really interesting to look back on these in a week, a month, a year or more and see how it has changed. Part of the reason I love doing these things is because they are so reflective of your current 'at this very moment' self, and therefore, even if I did this again tomorrow, I am sure some of the things would be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment